Glorious Goodwood Ladies Day 2012
Glorious Goodwood Ladies day is on the Thursday when the racing almost comes second to the Glorious Goodwood fashion stakes and is well known for the more relaxed atmosphere but the fashion is just as appealing at Royal Ascot. Men wear Linen suits a Goodwood Panama hat and ladies dress very elegantly and are noted for their classic quintessential English summer style.
Fashion and Hats at Glorious Goodwood
Glorious Goodwood Ladies day is much like Royal Ascot as the fashion worn by the women is very classy but you notice the difference in the men who have their own special dress code with the Linen sits and the Panama hat.
Women love to wear hats and just everything at Glorious Goodwood Races is just a little less formal as are the cloths and there are special dress codes for some of the enclosures.
In the Richmond Enclosure, ladies are encouraged to wear hats at the Festival Meeting. Gentlemen are required to wear jackets and ties, cravats or polo neck sweaters. Linen suits and the archetypal ‘Goodwood’ Panama hat are traditionally worn by gentlemen as characterised by Edward VII in the early twentieth century. Jeans and shorts are not permitted at any meeting.
In other enclosures dress is informal. Bare tops and fancy dress are not allowed in any enclosure. Due to the terrain at Goodwood and areas of decking, stiletto heels are not recommended.
- Sego To Bound To Classic Chase Success For King At Warwick
- Doesyourdogbite Favourite For Lanzarote Hurdle At Kempton Park
- Death Duty To Ease To Victory In Naas Grade 1 On Sunday
- Capitaine To Enhance Cheltenham Festival Claims With Win In Tolworth Hurdle At Sandown
- Nichols Canyon To Retain Ryanair Hurdle Crown At Leopardstown
- Firebird Can Get A Flyer In The Welsh Grand National
- Expect Anibale To Fly At Kempton And Claim The Kauto Star Novices Chase
- Zabana The Each Way Play In Lexus Chase Betting Market
- ChTibello Taken To Down More Esteemed Rivals In Christmas Hurdle