Glorious Goodwood Ladies Day 2012
Glorious Goodwood Ladies day is on the Thursday when the racing almost comes second to the Glorious Goodwood fashion stakes and is well known for the more relaxed atmosphere but the fashion is just as appealing at Royal Ascot. Men wear Linen suits a Goodwood Panama hat and ladies dress very elegantly and are noted for their classic quintessential English summer style.
Fashion and Hats at Glorious Goodwood
Glorious Goodwood Ladies day is much like Royal Ascot as the fashion worn by the women is very classy but you notice the difference in the men who have their own special dress code with the Linen sits and the Panama hat.
Women love to wear hats and just everything at Glorious Goodwood Races is just a little less formal as are the cloths and there are special dress codes for some of the enclosures.
In the Richmond Enclosure, ladies are encouraged to wear hats at the Festival Meeting. Gentlemen are required to wear jackets and ties, cravats or polo neck sweaters. Linen suits and the archetypal ‘Goodwood’ Panama hat are traditionally worn by gentlemen as characterised by Edward VII in the early twentieth century. Jeans and shorts are not permitted at any meeting.
In other enclosures dress is informal. Bare tops and fancy dress are not allowed in any enclosure. Due to the terrain at Goodwood and areas of decking, stiletto heels are not recommended.
Glorious Goodwood 2013 Day 1
Glorious Goodwood 2013 Day 2
Glorious Goodwood 2013 Day 3
Glorious Goodwood 2013 Day 4
Glorious Goodwood 2013 Day 5
- 2014 Irish Grand National Preview Goonyella to sparkle at Fairyhouse
- Ballycasey Heads Betting In Powers Gold Cup Recovery Mission
- Coral Easter Classic Betting Grandeur aims to sparkle in all weather showpiece
- Just The Judge Tipped To Get 2014 Off To Winning Start In Earl Of Sefton Stakes
- Toormore Odds On To Land 2014 Craven Stakes At Newmarket
- Abernant Stakes Odds Hamza Can Claim Big Newmarket Sprint
- 2014 Nell Gwyn Stakes Odds Sandiva Heads Betting On Day One Of Craven Meeting
- My Tent Or Yours is an even money favourite for the Scottish Champion Hurdle at Ayr