Glorious Goodwood Ladies Day 2012
Glorious Goodwood Ladies day is on the Thursday when the racing almost comes second to the Glorious Goodwood fashion stakes and is well known for the more relaxed atmosphere but the fashion is just as appealing at Royal Ascot. Men wear Linen suits a Goodwood Panama hat and ladies dress very elegantly and are noted for their classic quintessential English summer style.
Fashion and Hats at Glorious Goodwood
Glorious Goodwood Ladies day is much like Royal Ascot as the fashion worn by the women is very classy but you notice the difference in the men who have their own special dress code with the Linen sits and the Panama hat.
Women love to wear hats and just everything at Glorious Goodwood Races is just a little less formal as are the cloths and there are special dress codes for some of the enclosures.
In the Richmond Enclosure, ladies are encouraged to wear hats at the Festival Meeting. Gentlemen are required to wear jackets and ties, cravats or polo neck sweaters. Linen suits and the archetypal ‘Goodwood’ Panama hat are traditionally worn by gentlemen as characterised by Edward VII in the early twentieth century. Jeans and shorts are not permitted at any meeting.
In other enclosures dress is informal. Bare tops and fancy dress are not allowed in any enclosure. Due to the terrain at Goodwood and areas of decking, stiletto heels are not recommended.
- Lightning Spear Tipped For Celebration Mile Glory At Goodwood
- Blue Should Be On Point In Gimcrack Stakes At York
- She Is No Lady Looks The The Aggressive Bet In Tight Ebor Handicap Market
- Gold To Be A Dream For Each Way Punters In Brilliant Nunthorpe Stakes
- Fair Eva To Enhance Classic Claims With Lowther Stakes Victory
- Found To Outclass Rivals In Yorkshire Oaks On Day Two Of Ebor Festival
- Top Class Postponed The Favourite For Juddmonte International Stakes Win
- Idaho To Enhance St Leger Claims With Easy Great Voltigeur Victory At York
- Home Of The Brave To Bound To Hungerford Stakes Win At Newbury