Glorious Goodwood Ladies Day 2012
Glorious Goodwood Ladies day is on the Thursday when the racing almost comes second to the Glorious Goodwood fashion stakes and is well known for the more relaxed atmosphere but the fashion is just as appealing at Royal Ascot. Men wear Linen suits a Goodwood Panama hat and ladies dress very elegantly and are noted for their classic quintessential English summer style.
Fashion and Hats at Glorious Goodwood
Glorious Goodwood Ladies day is much like Royal Ascot as the fashion worn by the women is very classy but you notice the difference in the men who have their own special dress code with the Linen sits and the Panama hat.
Women love to wear hats and just everything at Glorious Goodwood Races is just a little less formal as are the cloths and there are special dress codes for some of the enclosures.
In the Richmond Enclosure, ladies are encouraged to wear hats at the Festival Meeting. Gentlemen are required to wear jackets and ties, cravats or polo neck sweaters. Linen suits and the archetypal ‘Goodwood’ Panama hat are traditionally worn by gentlemen as characterised by Edward VII in the early twentieth century. Jeans and shorts are not permitted at any meeting.
In other enclosures dress is informal. Bare tops and fancy dress are not allowed in any enclosure. Due to the terrain at Goodwood and areas of decking, stiletto heels are not recommended.
Glorious Goodwood 2015 Day 1
Glorious Goodwood 2015 Day 2
Glorious Goodwood 2015 Day 3
Glorious Goodwood 2015 Day 4
Glorious Goodwood 2015 Day 5
- Jazzi Top to hand Gosden Dahlia Stakes win at Newmarket
- Top Class Jack Hobbs Should Be Too Good for Jockey Club Stakes Field
- Minding can storm to 1000 Guineas glory at Newmarket
- Aeolus tipped for Palace House success on huge day for Walker
- Galileo Could Be A Gold Standard Classic Bet For 2000 Guineas
- Cue Card to round off fine season with Punchestown Gold Cup win
- 2016 bet365 Gold Cup Preview Theatre aims to sparkle at Sandown
- Superstar Sprinter Sacre Can Land Celebration Chase At Sandown